Originally the town of Sun Valley was called Roscoe when Father Michael O‘Shea from Ireland celebrated Mass at a plumbing shop on San Fernando Road for eleven families.
In 1939 Archbishop John J. Cantwell dedicated the new church. From 1939 to 1974 several archdiocesan priests served as pastors, including Father Thomas Noonann, Father Augustine Murray and Monsignor Stephen Killey. For twelve years Monsignor Robert Brennan headed the parish. Father Louis Pick, ot the Netherlands, built the new church with twice the capacity of the original.
In 1974 the Sacred Heart Missionaries administered the parish and the pastors were Father Eugene O‘Sullivan, Father Jerome O‘Mahony and Father Thomas Jordan.
In 1993 the Scalabrinian priests were appointed to serve the parish and the pastors were Patrick Murray and Livio Stella. Father Richard Zanotti was named pastor in 2002.